Friday, May 15, 2009

Wow! January! Really?

Oh, I have been remiss, gentle readers. You see, January to May is Incentive Season. Which means I am working so very hard for so many months. Mercifully, it is now winding down.

So much has happened in the past few months - nothing extraordinary, yet indeed amazing. Tenley has blossomed into a beautiful young lady nearly over night. I look at photos of her from a year or two ago and can hardly recognize her! And Peter has become quite the little scholar, this year, too. Now, grades seven and one are nearly over, we're looking ahead to a wonderful summer and life continues to move on.

I've mourned the loss of friends - both to death and different paths taken - this winter. I still mourn my mother every day, yet my relationships with each of my siblings seem to grow stronger every day, too.

I've watched as "my guy" has taken the reins of this country and begun moving it, slowly like a giant tanker, in the right direction. I've seen my husband, who didn't believe me when I told him "It would only take one job..." find that ONE job.

So, I'm back! Older (45 came last week... ugh!), not necessarily wiser (it hasn't been that long....) and looking forward to spending time with the fam over the next few months.

First up, Redneck Riviera! Yee Haw. New Orleans to Mobile to Gulf Shores to Panama City. I will see 3 of my 4 sibs during this trip, and I can't wait. The kids will play with their cousins, I will see my sisters and brother for the first time since my mom's death all under the sunshine and clear blue skies of the Gulf Coast.

In August, we're taking nearly the whole month and going to Hawaii. Many generous offers from hotel friends have finally beckoned us and we're taking the leap and heading to the islands. Can't wait!

The fall promises Bali, Orlando, Savannah, San Diego and Denver.... but all for work.

It's okay, though. For now, I'm looking forward to slowing down a bit...

0 comments: